We are still open because we know how important it is to be available for YOU!
Maybe you skipped your period, and you are too scared to go to the store to get a pregnancy test. Worried you are pregnant during Covid-19 and how might this affect your health? Or, maybe, you took a pregnancy test and are looking for abortion clinics. Or, you think you may have contracted an STI and are now pregnant. Listen, we understand. That’s why we exist.
Whether you feel like abortion is the only option. You just need to talk with a safe and nonjudgmental person. Or you are just looking for help. We are here.
Here are some of our suggestions:
1) Get a professional quality, high-sensitivity urine pregnancy test that can produce results within minutes. All pregnancy tests administered at Essential Pregnancy Services detect hCG, a hormone present during pregnancy. Our pregnancy tests are the most accurate test after a missed period.
2) If your pregnancy test is positive, you may qualify for an ultrasound (we offer ultrasounds free of charge). You may be wondering why an ultrasound is important. It can provide you with three very important pieces of information to consider when facing an unexpected pregnancy.
• Is the pregnancy in the uterus? Ectopic pregnancies occur when a pregnancy establishes outside of the uterus. If left undetected it can endanger your well-being, requiring emergency treatment.
• How far along are you in your pregnancy? You will need to know this if you’re considering abortion in order to know what procedure you will need.
• Is the pregnancy viable? Meaning, is there a detectable heartbeat? About 10-25% of known pregnancies end naturally in miscarriage. If this is the case, you may end up making an abortion appointment or getting an abortion when you didn’t need one.
3) Lastly, but vitally important, STI testing. Maybe you’re thinking, I’ve only been with a few guys. Or, I’ve only been with my boyfriend. Anyone who is sexually active should be tested; especially when you’re pregnant. Because whatever your decision about this pregnancy is, the likelihood that your untreated STI will rear its ugly head is almost guaranteed.
How you might ask?
If you choose to abort, the likelihood of that STI spreading to other reproductive organs increases — especially in the case of a medical/surgical abortion. If you choose to carry and parent, you increase your risk of passing it to your child. Or, your child could have side effects from the untreated STI(s). Unfortunately, according to the CDC, STIs are on the rise, not on the decline. A pandemic may increase those numbers.
Here is the best news of all: our services are FREE!
Our goal at Essential Pregnancy Services is to meet the pregnancy needs you might have during the COVID-19 crisis. If you are pregnant during Covid-19 this is exactly why we are open – for you! In these times of uncertainty, you are not alone and you have options!
We are here for you!